Trends to take notice of for Information Systems for companies and IT professionals
- Customers and users want data that can be accessed via mobile, cloud based in more useful in terms of analytics.
- RPG programming will be around for another 20 years, but front end and middleware tools will become more important.
- More companies are finally modernizing their RPG programs to RPG Free and taking advantage of “open-source” tools to bring greater value to customers.
- As more RPG Programmers retire, companies are getting concerned as to who will support their systems, where will they find the talent. Solutions include hiring recent grads who know the new technologies and teach them the RPG, bring in a contractor, part-time or full-time.
- Companies that fail to modernize their systems to current technologies like RPG Free Form and SQL will find that they are losing their long term investment in their IBM i/RPG systems and strapped with the costly burden of re-writing all systems (outsourcing the project), moving to an expensive solution on another platform, or being acquired and the IBM i Systems scrapped. Your multi-million dollar investment can integrate with all of the modern technologies if you spend from $75,000 to $100,000 to modernize your legacy code. It’s easy and we have done it.
- Developers need to show their versatility by learning and applying or blending new technologies like mobile, Web Services, cloud, security, Linux, Open Source solutions.
Career Trends for IT Professionals – it-career-trends-2017